The Mayor of the City of Lytle is the Emergency Management Coordinator. Mayor Mark Bowen has composed a team of personnel to assist with his duties. Emergency Management is responsible for coordinating emergency responses for disasters, both man-made and natural. The emergency management department has a command post located in the Public Works complex at the corner of South Prairie Street and Mesquite St. The emergency management department has a cargo trailer which is also housed at the Public Works complex. Emergency Management is also responsible for the notification of its citizens during emergencies. This is accomplished in two ways:
The Emergency Management team follows the National Incident Management System (NIMS) when it is activated.
The Emergency Management command post contains:
- Radio communications systems (both portable and fixed)
- Computer with internet capabilities (for up to date weather information)
- Groupcast emergency notification system
- Siren warning system control center
- Supplies for responders such as protective equipment, flashlights, etc.
Emergency Management Trailer
The Emergency Management trailer contains:
- Pillows and blankets
- First Aid supplies
- Ice chest
- Portable generators
- Rescue tools