The Following Minimum Standards Apply:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- No felony convictions
- No class A or B misdemeanor convictions in the last 5 years
- No domestic violence or sexual offense convictions
- Must live or work in the City of Lytle, exceptions will be made if it is in the best interest of the organization and space is available.
- Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record, if operating a city vehicle.
- Written application, including authorization for the release of personal information.
- Background investigation and interview, similar to that of sworn peace officers. The Lytle Police Department reserves the right to reject any applicant based on the results of the background investigation.
- Police Chief approval.