Licenses & Permits


Building Permits are to be obtained by the property owner or the contractor of a project prior to starting any construction. Contractors must provide proof that they are registered with the State of Texas. Building permits are required for:

  • Any new additions, dwellings or business
  • Any new construction, dwelling or business
  • Decks
  • Fences
  • Gazebos
  • Storage sheds
  • Swimming pools (above and in-ground)
  • etc.


These permits are just examples. 

Other Permits Required By City

  • Domestic Fowl Permit
  • Large Animal Permit
  • Street Cutting

Please contact Lytle City Hall, (830) 709-3692, to obtain these permits.

Building Permit

More information click here.